Friday, December 10, 2010

She's Back!!!

At the visitation tonight in the NICU Rebecca talked a lot to me. She was pretty alert. Had her eyes open most of the 30 minutes I was there. She laughed some and it was her personality. When I had to leave she said “That sucks!”. She didn’t know where she was. When we told her she wanted to know why. I was afraid to tell her she had a brain seizure. She took it pretty well. I could tell she was concerned. She did ask what medicines they are giving her. She didn’t seem to remember all the medicines she was taking before she came in.


I hope this recovery continues and she doesn’t have another seizure. I don‘t think anybody knows why she had them. We may never know. The abrupt quitting of the Lyrica could be the cause. However, I think she had a mild seizure before she quit taking the medicine that caused her to forget to take her medicine. I sometimes wonder if the chemo and myeloma that affects the peripheral nerves could affect the nerves in the brain. What is chemo brain?

In the future I need to manage her medicine a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. Jerry,
    I am so glad she is back. When I click on the title link, "She's Back", it was obvious how to leave a comment. We are praying for you all and don't forget to call a Priest for her.
    God bless you,
    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping Rebecca is improving.Sending prayers from Jersey.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete